Recently Summit DD saw a significant spike in individuals contracting COVID-19. In reviewing these cases it appears asymptomatic caregivers were a large contributor to this increase. In partnership with the Summit County Department of Health, Summit DD consulted with the Ohio Department of Health in hopes of finding solutions and stopping the current trend. As a result of the Ohio Department of Health’s guidance, Summit DD is advising that all Direct Support Professionals wear a face shield in addition to a medical mask when providing personal care in close proximity, such as assistance with bathing, hygiene, eating etc.
To request Face Shields and Medical Masks
To support this effort, Summit DD will provide face shields and medical masks if needed. If you have a need for face shields and surgical masks, please use this PPE request form.
- In the BRIEF DESCRIPTION section, please indicate “Face Shields and Medical Masks” with an estimate of the number of face shields and masks you anticipate you will need in the next 30 days to support individuals that require personal care in close proximity. Please focus on your operations in Summit County.
We will confirm your request and have your supplies available for pickup on Wednesday, August 12 between 10:00 -2:00 at the Tallmadge Center at 630 North Avenue (Not the Administration building). Please drive to the rear entrance (East side) of the building to pick up your supplies.
Should you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to one of the following:
- Joe DiFranco: JDifranco@summitdd.org
- Angie Brinson: Abrinson@summitdd.org
- Susan Mullins: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Drew Williams: email@example.com
Need another copy of the Face Shield instruction sheet?
Click to Download the Face Shield instruction sheet.