What is a Provider Agency? A provider agency employs a Director of Operations (or DOO) and at least one other person that directly provides services to people with developmental disabilities.
Provider Agencies must have:
- a certificate of good standing from the Ohio Secretary of State demonstrating the agency provider’s status as a for-profit corporation, non-profit corporation, LLC, or LLP
- proof of an unencumbered line of credit in the agency provider’s name of at least $10,000
- a certificate of general liability insurance of at least $1 million which includes coverage for individuals’ losses due to theft or property damage
- proof that the agency provider employs a director of operations who meets the requirements outlined in the rule
- proof that in addition to employing a director of operations, the agency provider employs at least one other person to provide services
- an employer identification number from the IRS
- a certificate of policy from the Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation
- proof that the agency provider is current in payment of payroll taxes, workers’ compensation premiums, and unemployment compensation premiums
- the name, country of birth, and social security number for any person having a financial interest of 5% or more in the agency provider
- written policies and procedures that address the agency provider’s management practices regarding the confidentiality of individual’s records, management of individual’s funds, reporting and investigation of major unusual incidents and unusual incidents, and documentation and billing for services
- the criminal records check by the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation, and when applicable, by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, for the DOO
- certificate or transcript showing completion of the Director of Operations Orientation Training for Initial Certification located on DODD MyLearning
- a non-refundable application fee
Need additional assistance?
If you have any questions about being a provider or would like assistance with the application process, feel free to reach out to Summit DD’s Provider Relation Team at 330-634-8110 or by e-mailing ProviderSupport@SummitDD.org.