As you may be aware, the Summit County Department of Public Health has started offering the COVID-19 vaccine to those eligible in Phase 1a. Last week those served by Summit DD who live in a congregate settings and the staff who work in those settings were able to receive the vaccine.
Vaccine Distribution Plan for Phase 1b
In addition to Phase 1a distribution occurring last week, Governor DeWine also announced the timelines and eligibility requirements for Phase 1b. Below is information directly from the Ohio Department of Health.
Phase 1b plan, per the Ohio Department of Health’s Coronavirus page
- The week of Jan. 19: Ohioans 80 years of age and older.
- The week of Jan. 25: Ohioans 75 years of age and older; those with severe congenital or developmental disorders.
- The week of Feb. 1: Ohioans 70 years of age and older; employees of K-12 schools that wish to remain or return to in-person or hybrid models.
- The week of Feb. 8: Ohioans 65 years of age and older.
How the process works
- Specific to people served by Summit DD, DODD will be sending each County Board a list of individuals that are eligible, based on their diagnosis, for this next phase.
- Summit DD will reconcile that list with our internal records and start reaching out to individuals, families and guardians. It is anticipated the remaining people served will be eligible in Phase 1b.
- While there are still details at the local level that need to be discussed, the State of Ohio anticipates vaccinations for this next phase will start within the next two weeks.
- In addition, those eligible in Phase 1a that could not attend last week are still able to obtain a vaccine during Phase 1b. This can include any staff who might have initially declined but would now like to receive it.
As more information is available regarding vaccine distribution, Summit DD will share it. (This information can also be found on Ohio Department of Health’s Coronavirus page.)
Want to receive a vaccine? Fill out this important survey.
Also, please do not forget to complete the survey sent out last week. This important survey will help us gauge how many agency staff and independent providers are interested in obtaining the vaccine when it becomes available.