Each year, every provider (agency and independent) is required to conduct an in-depth review and analysis of all MUIs that occurred during the previous calendar year. (See section 5123-17-02(L) of the MUI Rule.) The purpose of this analysis is to identify agency-wide and individual-specific MUI trends or patterns, and to develop action plans to address any trends. Get the details and tools you need to send in your Annual Analysis.
Review and Analysis Reminders and Deadlines
Providers must complete this review by no later than January 31st each year, and it must be submitted to Summit DD no later than February 28th for review.
The review must contain the following information per rule:
- the date the review was conducted,
- name of the person conducting the review,
- time period of the review,
- Comparison of the previous three years’ worth of data,
- explanation of the data for the review year,
- a breakdown of the number of MUIs per category in the review periods,
- Trends by individual served and program location,
- a description of previous trends for the provider/person, and
- a description of action plans to address identified trends
Need an example?
Download the sample template. A blank copy of this template will be emailed to you by Summit DD to use for your review if you choose.
Here are some best practice reminders to help you as you complete your analysis for the 2021 calendar year:
- The analysis is for the total number of MUI categories investigated in a given year, not the total number of MUI investigations that were opened. One MUI investigation can have multiple MUI categories.
- If you did not have any MUIs in the review period, please mark everything for that period as zero and note you did not have any MUIs. An analysis should be submitted even if you did not have any MUIs in any of the review periods.
- If you did not provide services in Summit County for some or all of the previous three years of comparison data, simply note that in your comparison summary.
- Remember that the time period of review will always be the previous year (not the year the review occurred in). For example, the review to be conducted by 1/31/2022 will be for the time period of 2021. The previous years’ comparison data should then be for 2019-2020.
- If you are an agency provider, remember to include the name of your agency on the analysis form.
- Remember that whoever completes this analysis needs to sign the form and date it.
- If using the PDF analysis template sent to you by Summit DD, remember to first save the template to your computer and to then complete the form. Not saving the PDF to your computer first will cause the form to send back to Summit DD as a blank form.
- If you do not want to be considered an active provider in Summit County, please let us know so we can remove you from our systems.
If you have any questions about the Annual MUI Analysis process, please contact us via email at UILogs@SummitDD.org.