BinaxNOW test kits may be distributed directly to ICFs/Providers. These tests are provided to DODD by the Ohio Department of Health for redistribution and are available while supplies last.
Basics of the BinaxNOW Rapid Testing Initiative
- These tests are free of charge
- This is not for surveillance testing
- These tests are for determining if symptomatic residents or employees are positive for COVID-19
- Must have a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) Waiver to use these tests
- There are reporting requirements to use these tests
Process of requesting tests and information needed
ICFs/Providers should contact their DODD Statewide Support Team Representative to request tests. The DODD Support representative will facilitate shipments of tests directly to the ICF/provider. Direct shipments will come via UPS.
Information the Support Representative will need to process the request:
- Does the facility have a CLIA certification and understand that there are reporting requirements?
- Number of test kits requested (one kit contains 40 individual tests)
- County facility is located within
- Facility name
- Shipping contact name
- Shipping address
- Shipping contact e-mail
- Shipping contact phone number
Please contact Ashley.McKinney@dodd.ohio.gov with questions.